What is Christian Financial Coaching?
Every Christian wants to hear God say these words to them one day:
“Well done good and faithful servant!”
We love the Lord and we want our Faith and our Finances (and every area of our lives!) to be fully connected with Him.
We want to see like God sees and do what God says.
But when it comes to our financial lives, many of us struggle to know if what we are doing is enough.
Our research at Nate J. Whitson (NJW) and our years of work in the financial industry shows that these worries are warranted.
There are 3 main problems that we have found that Christian families face when it comes to their personal finances and financial planning. They feel that…
They don’t KNOW ENOUGH about money or what to do with it.
They don’t HAVE ENOUGH money.
They don’t HAVE ENOUGH DISCIPLINE or willpower to stay on track.
Maybe you can relate.
In fact, maybe you feel like so many other Christian families are feeling today:
- How can I have worked so hard – for so long – and still be so far behind?
- How am I supposed to know what I don’t know?
- What should I be doing next?
- How is this all going to turn out if I don’t get this figured out soon?
- I can’t afford to make any mistakes at this stage of my life but I don’t know if what I’m doing is enough or if it’s right.
- I am so frustrated and buried by debt! How will I ever get ahead?
- I’ve been through this so many times before: get inspired and get a plan…then life gets in the way and I fall off course. It is so frustrating!
- Are my advisors giving me good advice? What questions should I be asking them?
- What does God want me to do with what He has given to me?
So what can we do?
How do we solve this problem and connect our Faith and Finances more effectively?
The answer is simple:
Christian Financial Coaching
When we look at the biggest issues that are keeping people from managing money well, we see that a long-term coach is needed to help fill in the gaps. But not just any coach will do. We need one who has 2 key components in particular:
- A biblical perspective
- A long-term commitment
A Christian Coach helps provide guidance and perspective from God’s point of view. This is no small thing! We believe that one of the reasons that many Christian families wonder if they are managing money the right way is because it never comes up from the people they are taking advice from.
That’s why we always say: It matters who you take advice from!
If you’re a parent you know exactly what I mean. You care a great deal about who your kids are influenced by.
Shouldn’t the same be true of who you are influenced by when it comes to how you manage your money?
The second big issue deals with the length of time that you work with your coach. As we all are well aware, will-power is an expendable resource.
How many times have we all rang in the New Year with inspiration and resolve to make changes in key areas of our lives and then found ourselves completely sidetracked less than a month later? (It’s so sad but true, isn’t it!?)
That’s the essence of the human experience and the issue we face when trying to make progress in your financial life all on your own!
At NJW, we believe that a Christian Financial Coach needs to work with fewer clients and walk with them for longer periods of time. While we certainly don’t mandate the length of time that a client works with us, we encourage them to consider how much further ahead they would be if they had a coach on their side to help them stay accountable to the goals and plans that they’ve set out to accomplish.
Think about your own story for a minute.
- How much further along would you be in your financial life if you had worked with a Christian Financial Coach who could have guided you along the way? Think back 10 years, 20 years, etc.
- How many terrible financial decisions could you have potentially avoided?
- How much more money could you have potentially saved?
- How much regret and disappointment could you have potentially avoided if you had someone to guide you and give you helpful advice or counsel?
It’s true for all of us.
Getting a coach is not about admitting that you don’t know enough or that you can’t figure it out on your own. It’s about understanding that there is so much at stake and it shows that you won’t settle for anything less than God’s best!
So with that in mind, we’d love to help!
Here are 3 Options for you to consider (click on the links below to learn more):
Do-It-Yourself. Do you feel like you just need the right tools to help you get ahead? Great! Our Do-It-Yourself program was created with you in mind.
One-on-One Coaching. For the majority of people we’ve worked with and surveyed, the answer is clear: We need more than just information; we need someone to walk with us and work with us to help us with our individual needs and issues. If that’s you, then this is the perfect program for you!
Send me more information. Not quite ready to get started? No problem! We send out weekly articles and posts designed to help you win with money and learn how to manage money from a biblical perspective. If that’s where you’re at and you simply want to learn more, then click on the link and register to get helpful content emailed to you each week – absolutely free!
Whatever you decide, we hope that you will be inspired to start connecting your Faith and Finances so that one day you’ll hear these incredible words from your Heavenly Father:
“Well done, good and faithful servant!”